Increase PCV efficiency and reduce the amount of oil vapor ingested by your engine with the Catch Can Shield from Heatshield Products.A catch can system helps keep the engine from re-ingesting oil vapor that?s being vented by the PCV system during engine operation. When sucked through the intake, this oil vapor bathes the intake ports, intake valves and combustion chamber; when heated and burned, carbon buildup in the intake system will drastically increase. This could hurt engine performance and lead to detonation/knocking and also inhibit the air/fuel mixture flow over the intake valve. Emissions increase as well. The Catch Can Shield is designed to keep the oil catch can cool by preventing it from being heated by ambient engine heat and direct exposure to sunlight, in the case of dragsters and other vehicles with open-air engine compartments. By keeping the catch can cooler?and, as a result, the air inside ?the oil vapor mixture entering the can is better able to fall out of suspension faster, decreasing the amount of oil sucked back into the intake system. This means less carbon buildup, reduced chance of carbon hotspots causing detonation in the engine, cleaner intake valves and less fouling on spark plugs. The Catch Can Shield uses a specially designed, heat-resistant self-adhesive, so no clamps are needed for installation. Clean the surface of the catch can with a good solvent to rid it of any oil or other residues, then stick it on and you?re ready to go.
- Keeps the catch can cool so oil vapor will fall out of suspension faster
- Helps reduce amount of oil vapor ingested into engine through the intake PCV system
- May reflect over 90 percent of radiant heat
- GTIN: 00819825015089
- Color: Aluminum/White
- Electrical Warning: Caution this material is electrically conductive; be sure to insulate any terminals that might come in contact with this product.
- Instructions Included: Y
- Insulation Type: Radiant heat barrier, requires 1 Inch of airspace. Not designed for direct contact.
- Material: Aluminum
- Operating Temperature: 1100F
- Peak Temperature: 2200F
- Safety Warning: Always wear safety glasses, dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product.
- Emissions : Legal US
- Life Cycle Status: Available To Order
- Quantity of Each: 1
- Package UOM: EA
- Dimension: 17 x 8 x 0.13 inches