Heatshield Products designed the Cold-Gold Shield for the person who loves chrome, polished aluminum and billet and the mesmerizing brilliance of metallic paint: the shine and allure. It deflects heat without adding dead weight, no matter how tight the space, all the while looking like a million bucks.Heatshield Product?s engineers have been developing our TruGold technology for years as we have become tired of people spending a lot of money on glorified stickers. . Birthday balloon "gold" thermal-barrier products on the market are use a yellow Mylar to shield radiant heat. While Mylar can reflect radiant, so can aluminum foil at a fraction of the cost. The Heatshield Products Cold-Gold Shield is made from exclusive TruGold thermal-barrier technology that won?t degrade after long-term heat exposure. The real gold color combined with a full high-grade fiberglass cloth backing make this a real gold heat shield. It can take constant ambient temps of up to 1,100 degrees Fahrenheit, intermittent ambient temps of 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit and direct-contact heat of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. With an optimal air gap of 1 inch or more for maximum thermal reflection Cold-Gold Shield can reflect up to 90% of radiant heat. If you ever have a catastrophic fire, Cold-Gold Shield also acts as a full protection barrier because of its full coverage of high grade fiberglass cloth backing. The gold coating will burn away but the fiberglass is there to act as a fire barrier protecting your components. Cold-Gold Tape won?t degrade after long-term heat exposure. It can take constant ambient temps of up to 1,100 degrees Fahrenheit, intermittent ambient temps of 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Cold-Gold Tape is not designed for direct contact with the heat source however it can shield over 90 percent of radiant heat with a 1 inch space from the heat source.
- Reflective Temperature: 1100?F constant, 2000?F Intermittent
- Exclusive TruGold? technology superior to "birthday balloon" gold materials
- Capable of reflecting up to 90% of radiant heat
- Specially formulated fiberglass-based backing material also acts as a fire barrier for extra protection
- Should NOT come in direct contact with heat source (needs an air gap)
- GTIN: 00819825016024
- Color: Gold
- Electrical Warning: Caution this material is electrically conductive; be sure to insulate any terminals that might come in contact with this product.
- Installation Tip: Peel and stick
- Instructions Included: N
- Insulation Type: Radiant heat barrier, requires 1 Inch of airspace. Not designed for direct contact.
- Material: Proprietary TruGold
- Operating Temperature: 1100F
- Peak Temperature: 2000F
- Safety Warning: Always wear safety glasses, dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product.
- Emissions : Legal US
- Life Cycle Status: Available To Order
- Quantity of Each: 1
- Package UOM: EA
- Dimension: 36 x 3 x 3 inches