Exhaust wrap can lower under hood temperatures by as much as 50%. Lower under hood temperatures mean lower intake temperatures, that means more horsepower and better fuel efficiency. Wrapping exhaust maintains hotter exhaust gases, decreases the gas density, and that allows the exhaust gas to exit the system faster! Increased exhaust scavenging is produced helping to lower intake temperatures by literally sucking them through the cycle faster: that equals more horsepower. Exhaust wrap also keeps heat out of the drivers compartment and reduces heat damage to other components. Our exhaust wrap features a vermiculite coating which makes it capable of withstanding 1200F continuous and 2000F intermittent. Wrap around your exhaust pipe, using overlap to hold itself in place (like a hockey stick or tennis racket grip) use our Thermal-Tie, hose clamps, or wire to secure ends in place. Our exhaust wrap is asbestos free and is made from a base high quality fiberglass yarn. It is also water and fungus resistant. Always wear gloves, safety glasses, and dust mask. In addition long sleeves are also recommended when handling this exhaust header wrap.
- Rated for 1200F continuous use, 2000F intermittent
- Reduces under hood temperatures up to 50 percent
- Increases horsepower
- All rolls 1/16 inch thick
- GTIN: 00819825012132
- Color: white
- Installation Tip: Locking Ties
- Instructions Included: Y
- Insulation Type: Product can be placed in direct contact with heat source.
- Item Related HPI SKUs: 350001, 350008, 177004
- Material: Fiberglass
- Operating Temperature: 1200F
- Peak Temperature: 2000F
- Safety Warning: Always wear safety glasses, dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product.
- Emissions : Legal US
- Life Cycle Status: Available To Order
- Quantity of Each: 1
- Package UOM: EA
- Dimension: 8.75 x 8.75 x 2.25 inches