Sticky? Shield is the ultimate way to stop heat from radiating into the drivers compartment of your ride. Made from a dense layer of 1/8 fiberglass insulation (not poly) shielded by a rugged layer of 0.003 thick aluminum, Sticky Shield may be cleaned after installation and is resistant to the elements. The heavy-duty peel and stick adhesive will bond to almost any clean surface (not recommended for unfinished fiberglass or carbon). It is the perfect radiant heat shield for transmission tunnels, mufflers, catalytic converters, DPF s, turbos, downpipes, and exhaust system heat. This Sticky Shield can be used with less than 1 of airspace, however when used with 1 or more airspace, it is capable of shielding over 90% of heat. Did that set of long tube headers on your Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, or tuner move your catalytic converter where there are not any factory heat shields? Use Sticky Shield to stop the heat! That Jeep getting some serious heat in the transmission tunnel or from the cat, Sticky Shield it away!Sticky Shield is asbestos free. This product is designed to be used UNDER the vehicle on the floor pan, firewall, transmission tunnel, etc. it is not designed to be used under the carpet. Kits include Cool-Foil Tape? to seal seams when putting two of these heat shields together and protect the edges of Sticky Shield. Please note, this product ships folded keep costs down. You may see bends in it when it is received, bends will become minimally visible after installation
- Continuous operating reflective temperature of 1100F, 2000F intermittent
- Capable of reflecting over 90 percent of radiant heat
- Flexible, bends and conforms to almost any shape
- Adhesive backing sticks to almost any clean surface
- Can be cleaned after installed
- GTIN: 00819825010411
- Color: Aluminum/White
- Electrical Warning: Caution this material is electrically conductive; be sure to insulate any terminals that might come in contact with this product.
- Installation Tip: Self Adhesive
- Instructions Included: N
- Insulation Type: Radiant heat barrier, requires 1 Inch of airspace. Not designed for direct contact.
- Material: Proprietary Data
- Operating Temperature: 1100F
- Peak Temperature: 2000F
- Safety Warning: Always wear safety glasses, dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product.
- Emissions : Legal US
- Life Cycle Status: Available To Order
- Quantity of Each: 1
- Package UOM: EA
- Dimension: 18 x 8 x 2 inches