When Header Armor? from Heatshield Products was introduced, it revolutionized the way people thought about header wraps. Now, the Lava Header Armor? brings the great looks of Lava Shield? to this innovative product line. Made from crushed volcanic rock, Heatshield Products Lava Shield? has heatshielding capabilities with a carbon-fiber look.Lava Header Armor? helps your engine produce more power by keeping more heat in your headers and exhaust system. That in turn increases exhaust gas temperatures and exhaust gas velocity for improved exhaust flow and efficiency for scavenging and other factors.Unlike header wraps, which cover individual header tubes, the Lava Header Armor? is a single shield that covers all primary tubes. As a result, it will not void most header corrosion warranties.In addition, the Lava Header Armor? significantly reduces underhood heat, which can help protect wiring and fuel lines, and allow your car to run cooler. Underhood temperatures can drop as much as 70 percent. The specially formulated BioCool? thermal-barrier material is one of the most efficient thermal-barrier materials on the market, keeping heat where it should be while not having the itchy drawbacks of less capable fiberglass-based materials. This combines for a sustained temperature rating of 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit and intermittent temperature rating of 2,200 degrees Fahrenheit to make the Lava Header Armor? one of the most effective thermal barriers you can buy. Its design makes installation a breeze, and you will not need to remove the headers. The Lava Header Armor? can be removed and reinstalled as needed for maintenance and engine work.
- Continuous operating temperature of 1800F, 2200F intermittent
- Cover your headers easily, without wrapping individual pipes
- Reduces under hood temperatures up to 60%
- May be installed on vehicle in some cases
- GTIN: 00819825016215
- Color: Lava/White
- Electrical Warning: Caution this material is electrically conductive; be sure to insulate any terminals that might come in contact with this product.
- Installation Tip: Included HP Tie Wire
- Instructions Included: Y
- Insulation Type: Product can be placed in direct contact with heat source.
- Material: Basalt andBio-Soluble Silica
- Operating Temperature: 1800F
- Peak Temperature: 2200F
- Safety Warning: Always wear safety glasses, dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product.
- Emissions : Legal US
- Life Cycle Status: Available To Order
- Quantity of Each: 1
- Package UOM: EA
- Dimension: 20 x 4 x 4 inches