You don?t need a spray! Start with a better wrap, better fiber, better weave. Made from basalt fiber (crushed volcanic rock), our Lava Wrap Kits have all the same benefits as exhaust wrap, but with a carbon-fiber appearance and improved durability. This exhaust wrap is 25 percent stronger than fiberglass wraps, giving it prolonged life.Using Lava Wrap on a header and exhaust system maintains hotter exhaust gases, decreases gas density and allows the exhaust gases to flow through the system at increased velocities. Greater exhaust scavenging is produced, pulling intake gases through the cycle faster, helping to lower air-intake temperatures. This results in more horsepower and reduces radiant heat damage. Lava Wrap lowers underhood temperatures by as much as 50 percent.Heatshield Products Lava Wrap withstands continuous temperatures of 1,200 degrees F and intermittent 2,000 degrees F. Please note this is a real-world-tested rating, so beware of inflated temperature ratings of similar basalt/volcanic rock products. Installation is easy: Wrap it around your exhaust pipe, using overlap to hold it in place (like a hockey stick or tennis racket grip) and use our included Thermal-Ties to secure the ends in place.
- Rated for 1200F continuous use, 2000F intermittent
- Reduces under hood temperatures up to 50 percent
- Increases horsepower
- All rolls 1/16 inch thick
- GTIN: 00819825014457
- Color: Lava
- Installation Tip: Locking Ties
- Instructions Included: Y
- Insulation Type: Product can be placed in direct contact with heat source.
- Item Related HPI SKUs: 372050, 325050, 177004, 172252
- Material: Volcanic rock fiber
- Operating Temperature: 1200F
- Peak Temperature: 2000F
- Safety Warning: Always wear safety glasses, dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product.
- Emissions : Legal US
- Life Cycle Status: Available To Order
- Quantity of Each: 1
- Package UOM: EA
- Dimension: 8 x 8 x 2.37 inches