Made from crushed volcanic rock, our Lava Shield Mat has similar benefits as our HP Heatshield Mat with that trick carbon fiber look! Don't be tricked by the "fool?s gold", Lava Shield Mat outperforms that vinyl gold foil sticker stuff by reflecting 60% more radiant heat. This heat shield insulator helps to reflect radiant heat away to provide an air box heat shield, lowering your intake temperatures. Is there a better way to protect your carbon fiber hood, or body panel from heat damage than a carbon fiber looking heat shield? Lava Shield Mat can also be laid on a fire wall to shield radiant heat, transmission tunnel, or floor pan. In addition to having both reflective and insulating properties, the basalt fiber has excellent natural chemical resistance, water resistance, even acid resistance. This heat shield barrier cloth, can be used with less than 1" of airspace, 3/8" minimum is recommended for use with the heavy duty Lava Shield Mat. Our Lava Shield withstands 1200F direct continuous and 1800F intermittent.
- Continuous operating temperature of 1200F, 2000F intermittent
- Capable of reducing up to 80% of radiant heat
- Adhesive backing sticks to almost any clean surface
- Helps shield fire walls, hoods, body panels, floor boards
- GTIN: 00819825013603
- Color: Lava
- Installation Tip: Self Adhesive
- Instructions Included: N
- Insulation Type: Product can be used as a radiant heat barrier or placed directly on heat source.
- Material: Volcanic rock
- Operating Temperature: 1200F
- Peak Temperature: 2000F
- Safety Warning: Always wear safety glasses, dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when handling this product.
- Emissions : Legal US
- Life Cycle Status: Available To Order
- Quantity of Each: 1
- Package UOM: EA
- Dimension: 5 x 5 x 47 inches